Creative Solutions | Collaborative Design Experience | Museum Quality Practices
Virtual Framing Consult Steps
1. Call or email for an appointment: 512-481-1111 or [email protected]
2. When you arrive, our staff will retrieve your art from your car
3. Connect with us through your favorite video chat app
4. Our professional designers will guide you through choosing framing options
5. Once your art is professionally framed, will will deliver it to you curbside.
- Thousands of mouldings to choose from
- UV resistant acrylic & glass
- Acid-free matboard
- Hand-wrapped linen liners & mats
- Floater frames, fillets, and stacked frame options
- Straight, beveled, & antique mirrors cut to order
Request A Framing Consult
The Ao5 Difference
Custom framing at Ao5 Gallery is unique, even among other high quality framers. As expert custom frame designers, we take our responsibility seriously to only choose frame materials that will enhance your art and utilize your personality and personal aesthetic to build a frame for your art that will preserve it and that you will love forever. Our design concepts are original, helping you to explore more adventurous ideas that will enhance your viewing experience, but not compete with your art. We have over 3,000 frame moulding styles to choose from, and offer a variety of glazing materials & finishes. No one designs frames the way we do. Try us once and we’ll be your framer for life!
Our staff has over 30 years combined framing experience in framing design and construction, and we often tackle projects other frameshops reject as too difficult. Our attention to detail is unsurpassed. Whether you’re framing a vintage poster, an original Warhol, or an old love letter, we treat every piece of art with the same level of care.
All of our materials are acid-free and archival, including rag & paper mats. We also offer hand-wrapped linen matting, which is richer in appearance and has more depth, creating a more interesting visual experience. We use Kevlar hanging cords on the back of our frames which, unlike wire, will not rust and break over time. Acrylic is our preferred choice over glass—it won’t shatter and is much lighter. Other frame shops recommend non-glare glass. We don’t. Why? It makes your artwork look fuzzy and blurry because the non glare effect is achieved by them etching (scratching) the glass. For a glare-free finish we recommend glass and acrylic with an anti-reflective coating such as Museum Glass, and for the truest light refracting view, we offer Optium Museum Acrylic, which looks as if there is no glazing on the piece at all!